Thursday, August 2, 2012

Take only memories, leave only footprints


Last week my family and I went on our annual vacation to Watch Hill, R.I. It's a charming little beach town filled with endless lobster rolls, clam chowder and beautiful beaches. I have been coming here every summer since I was about 8 years old. There is something to say about returning year after year to the same place. You yourself change each year but the surroundings remain the same. It's a comforting feeling that brings me back to the carefree days of my childhood. This year was particularly special to me, as it was the first year I brought my daughter, Harper, who is 9 months old. I got a little emotional as I carried her on the beach for the first time and saw her eyes light up when she saw the vast ocean in front of her. Needless to say, she had the time of her life playing in the sand and dipping her tiny toes in the waves. I also had a wonderful time spending the week with my family all together; something that seems to get harder and harder to do as we all get older and our lives busier.

















No comments:

Post a Comment