Thursday, August 30, 2012

The kitchen isn't just for cooking...

There are many rooms and places in the home you'd think to accessorize, but rarely does the kitchen come to mind. There are so many fun and fab things to decorate your kitchen. Besides, it's probably the room you end up spending most of your time in, so you want to love being in it!


Artwork.
You don't necessarily think to put artwork in the kitchen, but really, why not?
I love these Fruit Prints, by Avalisa. You can frame them in anyway you like but I actually love the contrast of them with a light wooden frame and a white mat. I would love to see these hung on a grey wall.





















Baskets.
Have you seen a cuter way to store fresh fruit on your counter? These ceramic Farmers Market Baskets come in 3 sizes and styles. I think they would look just adorable filled with fresh strawberries, blueberries and cherries!
Dish Towels.
I don't know anyone that actually likes doing dishes so why not make the task a little bit more fun with chic vintage dish towels. I'm one for simplicity so I think these Hammam Towels are perfect!



Storage Jars.
I know I personally get Flour and Sugar everywhere if I don't have them stored in proper jars. The bag ends up ripping, spilling everywhere and my cabinets are filled with flour and sugar!
I love these Chalkboard Storage Jars from anthropologie. You can write the names of your dry goods right across the slate painted medallion. They're clean and simple and you can say goodbye to a messy cabinet forever!




Spices.
I love to cook and am always grabbing for one spice or another. This Dean & Deluca Spice Rack is not only convenient but would look super cute on the kitchen counter.




Tea Time.
Steep yourself some afternoon tea with this Art Deco Teapot. It's stainless steel lining keeps the tea warm for up to 45 minutes. The tea won't just taste good, you'll look cute making it too.
Runner.
I love a vintage looking runner in a modern kitchen. It just brings an element of surprise laid out horizontally in front of the sink area.
 This Floral Fresco Runner would be perfect!



Cookbooks.
Last, but definitely not least, an assortment of great cookbooks!
I love how they are arranged by color in the below photo.
(hanging pots, another kitchen decorating must!)

image via elle decor







No comments:

Post a Comment