Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A day in Eatily

No, I didn't spell it wrong. I wish I meant Italy, but going to Eatily is a good runner up. It was a beautiful day out in NYC today, unlike the past few days that have been muggy and hot. I took a walk down to Eatily, the amazing Italian market that opened on lower 5th ave. They sell fresh pasta, over 400 varieties of cheese, a vast selection of breads, a fresh meat department, a fresh fish department, over 100 varieties of olive oil, Gelato, and much, much more. They also have a dozen restaurants to eat at within the store. 

Eatily is located right across from Madison Square Park, where I take Harper all the time. After taking her to the playground I like to spend some time walking the aisles of Eatily and looking at all the delicious food they have. Sometimes I even treat myself to a Gelato.

Being a Tuesday and not having a ton of time to cook dinner tonight I thought it would be perfect to pick up some fresh pasta and produce. A quick but delicious dinner.

I mosied over to the fresh pasta counter. I could have gotten everything there but I ultimately decided on the gnocci. It never disappoints and tastes great with a simple tomato sauce. 



All of the produce here is top notch and almost too pretty to eat!
I got a package of organic arugula and heirloom tomatoes to make a salad.




It's a crime to leave Eatily and not go to the cheese department! I picked up a Parmesan that I could use over the salad and a fresh mozzarella for the gnocci.


Harper did some taste testing to make sure everything was up to par.


Before checking out I decided to pick up some fresh shrimp for shrimp cocktail.


Dinner took me all of 15 minutes to put together and tasted like I had been slaving in the kitchen all day.

Shrimp Cocktail 

Arugula Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes and Shaved Parmesan

Fresh Gnocci with Rao's Arrabita Sauce and Fresh Mozzarella


The best part of dinner being so easy was that we got that much more time to play in the park!






No comments:

Post a Comment