Sunday, January 5, 2014

Meats and Cheeses and Olives, Oh My!

We recently got back from vacation in Saint Martin. It was an amazing (and much needed) week away with my whole family. I love everything about vacation. I mean seriously, who doesn't? 

The place we stay is a 2-bedroom condo on the beach with a full kitchen. 
Most people go on vacation and want nothing to do with preparing meals but I absolutely love the process of going to the little French market and picking up delicious local items. Fresh baguettes, an array of cheeses & meats... my heaven! 

Sitting outside on the patio and taking in the ocean views with a cold glass of wine accompanied by brie on a french baguette... does it get any better? 

For lunch one day I made a salad nicoise. 
On top of a bed or Romaine I put tuna in olive oil, fresh haricot verts, white beans, olives and hard boiled eggs. Dressed with a simple combination of olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and a dash of salt and pepper. Served with some cheese & meats and warm baguettes. 
It was fantastic and a perfect light lunch in the heat. 






It's always so sad when vacation is over but I feel so fortunate to have been able to enjoy a week in this Paradise! 


No comments:

Post a Comment