Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Elmo & Cookie Monster Cupcakes

I recently made cupcakes for a 2nd birthday. Elmo and Cookie Monster were requested so I went to work researching the best way to make these guys come to life. 

For Elmo I made red frosting and used a star tip to get the "fur" effect. 
I used wintergreen mints (laid backwards so you can't see the type) and chocolate chips for the eyes. I used a little bit of white frosting to adhere the chip to the mints so they didn't fall out.
For Elmo's nose I used orange peanut m&m's and for the smile an Oreo cookie cut in half.



For his friend Cookie Monster I made blue frosting and used the same star tip. I did the same eyes but tried to make Cookie Monster's a little more "googly".
He has no nose, so that was easy. And for his mouth, of course a Chips Ahoy cookie cut in half! 


How did I do?






No comments:

Post a Comment