Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day Treats

 Harper has been waking up before 6 all week so my intention was to get into bed early last night. Instead I stayed up past midnight making Valentine's Day treats. 
They came out so cute that loosing those hours of sleep was totally worth it (kinda).

 Not going to lie, I went "Sandra Lee" semi-homemade style with these.
I bought a boxed red velvet mix at the grocery.

 My trick for easy cupcake batter filling -
Use a measuring cup for a clean, even pour.


 I got these adorable cupcake boxes at Michael's. 
Link Here. The boxes I got come as a 3 pack and hold 4 cupcakes per box.
They also sell a box that holds a dozen cupcakes.
I added the red and white flower stickers, which I also purchased at Michael's.



 I bought 2 cans of cream cheese frosting. I left one as is and the other I added red food coloring to make this pinky-red color. I added almost the entire thing of food coloring, but adjust yours depending how dark or light you want it.
To get the "swirled look" of the frosting I used a decorating bag (but you can just use a plastic Ziploc if you don't have one and cut off the tip) and a Wilton 1M decorating tip.

I also purchased these pre-made Icing Roses at Michael's.
Link Here.  I got them in Red and White, but they had a bunch of colors to choose from.



For the finishing touch I hand wrote "Happy ❤ Day, Baked with Love" with a red sharpie on these Kraft Tags and tied it to the box with a cute ribbon.

A homemade gift is always a thoughtful and creative way to go.
A little effort and creativity goes a long way!

❤ Happy Valentine's Day 
XOXO






No comments:

Post a Comment