Monday, February 11, 2013

Eating and Playing through Nemo


We got hit with a major blizzard over the weekend. We woke up on Saturday morning with over a foot of snow! Being that we still have yet to hire someone to shovel our walkway and driveway, Matt was the lucky candidate. 
While he was outside shoveling away I decided it would be nice to surprise him with a warm, home cooked breakfast. I used whatever ingredients I had lying around the kitchen. It would have been key to have some bacon in the freezer, but it turned out pretty tasty with what I could find. 
(Note to self,  keep some bacon stocked in the freezer for future blizzard breakfast emergencies).

 I scrambled up some eggs and added in fresh chives that I had in the fridge, salt and pepper.
I always like to add some milk to my eggs. I find it makes them fluffier.
I also had a hunk of leftover gruyere cheese that I shredded and tossed in with the scrambled eggs.




                                              
 I had half a bag left of fingerling potatoes. I boiled them until they were soft and then chopped them up and sauteed them with a little olive oil, chopped onions, fresh chives, thyme, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper.
I added some hot sauce to them when they were almost finished cooking.



I also had some greek yogurt, blueberries, honey and granola I served on the side.
And of course, coffee and o.j.


For a last minute "whatever I could find in the fridge" breakfast it turned out pretty successful!


 My two little helpers in the kitchen.


After a good breakfast we took Harper out sledding in the backyard.
As you can see from the above picture, she absolutely LOVED it!


No comments:

Post a Comment