Sunday, February 17, 2013

Brunch date with Baby Benjamin

We had our friends Lisa, Paul and their new baby, Benjamin, over for brunch yesterday.
Now that we live in the "burbs" we don't get to see everyone as often, so it was such a nice treat having them come spend the day!




 I put out some cheese, crackers and spreads when they arrived.


For lunch, I made a salad Nicoise. It's such an easy salad to prepare and makes a really pretty presentation.
I used a long, flat plate and lined the bottom with mesclun lettuce.
I did rows of cucumbers, heirloom tomatoes, hard boiled egg, tuna, string beans, kalmata olives and potatoes. I chopped some chives and capers on top.

For the dressing:
2/3 cup extra light olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons minced shallots
2 teaspoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
juice from half a lemon
salt and pepper to taste



We also served bagels and lox, as requested by my husband. 
According to him, brunch isn't brunch without it!


 And for dessert, a raspberry tart.


Best part of the day, Harper and Benjamin meeting! Harper could not stay away...
I see a future romance budding, hopefully Benjamin likes older women.


No comments:

Post a Comment