Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cupcakes for Hunter's Barnyard Bash


This past weekend was my best friend's son's birthday. She was doing a "Barnyard Bash" Party theme.
How cute is that? What 2 year old doesn't love animals? And animal cupcakes... well that's just a win-win right there! Of course I offered to make the cupcakes for her. With a theme this fun how could they not come out cute?

I purchased these adorable red gingham cupcake lines on etsy



 I knew I wanted the frosting to look like grass. I got the Wilton No.233 Tip which creates the grass like effect. I also purchased the Wilton Kelly Green Coloring to make the green frosting.
You only need to use a little bit of the coloring gel. Add a little at a time with a toothpick until you achieve your desired shade.




I also found these Picket Fence Cupcake Wraps
How perfect for the Barnyard theme! I used a hot glue gun to secure them closed and then dropped each cupcake in when they got out of the oven. 
(easier to frost the cupcakes already in the fence rather then frosting them first and then dropping them in)


I topped each cupcake with an adorable Barnyard Cupcake Topper.











Happy 2nd Birthday Hunter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment