Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Harper's Barnyard Bash!



This past weekend was my daughter's 2nd Birthday Party.
Of course I went to town with the details and enjoyed every second of planning.
We did a Barnyard Bash theme since she absolutely loves animals. I found a local petting zoo, Pied Piper who comes to your house and sets up a pen with a little petting zoo. 
They brought bunnies, ducks, a sheep and a goat. Harper was in Heaven!



My friend Lisa, from Larkspur Studios, made me adorable food and drink signs.
I purchased the red and white picnic tablecloths, bandana print cups and cow print plates from shindigz.com
I took regular mason jars I purchased at Michael's and jazzed them up with some jute and bandana print ribbon and filled them with adorable cow straws I found at Party Delights
Fresh sunflowers adorned the tables in farm vases that I found at The Christmas Tree Shops
For the kids I put out juice packs and Horizon milk packs in Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla.
I filled a mason jar jug (also purchased at Christmas Tree Shops) with fresh apple cider.






As a fun Fall activity I purchased little sugar pumpkins at a local farm and put them out for the kids to decorate. I got cute letter and farm foam stickers; a fun and no-mess way for the kids to decorate.





For a creative way to display dessert I got styrofoam rectangular boards and Michael's and hot glued little wooden fences on. 
I used peeps for baby chicks, made mini apple crisps and home made farm animal cupcakes.





I did a candy buffet with different color M&M's (Harpers favorite) and cow tales.
I got these adorable Candy Bags from The Trendy Butterfly




As give outs for the kids I got books and tied each one with red baker's twine a little tag that said "Oink, Cluck, Baa, Moo, Just want to say Thank You!"


We also had face painting and balloon twisting from Blue Balloon Parties
The kids had a ball getting their face painted like their favorite animals. 
Harper decided on a butterfly. Not exactly a farm animal but she still looked super cute!


 I know the party was a success because Harper has been asking me for "another birthday" everyday since Saturday, which of course makes it all worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment