Sunday, March 6, 2016

coffee table decor

A coffee table is an essential piece of accent furniture in any entertaining space. Centrally located in the seating area, its contents are often the focus of the room once everyone is seated. Below are some of my tips and tricks to creating the perfect chic coffee table decor. 

The first step is of course the coffee table itself. I'm really loving free form wooden tables right now. This walnut one from chairish.com is a perfect starting off point. Chairish is a great online vintage marketplace. I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't already. Everything is one of a kind and at really great price points.

My first "go-to" when accessorizing a coffee table is always a great tray.  West Elm has a great selection in various sizes and finishes. 



Unique objects are a great addition to any coffee table. I like to stack one or two on top of some coffee table books.


Which brings me to my next must. A stack of chic coffee table books. Tailor these to your taste. Decor, fashion, travel... 
Amazon is a great source with competitive prices. 



I can never get enough candles. Pick your favorite scent and light it up.
The BAIES scent from diptyque is my all time favorite. 


A chic box of matches will take it to the next level.
I love these Hot Hot Hot ones from Lulu and Georgia.

You can't go wrong with a ceramic vase. I am in love with this stoneware set by NY based artist Judy Jackson.



Another option is a potted succulent plant. If you are like me and can't keep an orchid alive for the life of you this is the way to go. Super low maintenance and great looking. 
The below one is from target but believe it or not Trader Joe's has a great selection in fun, bright colored pots.


And here is a snap shot of my own coffee table. My biggest piece of advice is have fun with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment