Monday, April 22, 2013

It's a Girl!

This weekend was one of my best friends baby shower. She is having a girl and I was so excited to make her pretty cupcakes for the occasion. I wanted to do something sweet and girly. 
I created two different designs. 

For the first cupcake design I made a peachy pink frosting using  Wilton Rose Petal Pink coloring. 
            
Using a closed star tip I made the frosting look like a rose. I topped them with white sugar pearls and 
"It's a Girl" cupcake toppers.


 For the second cupcake design I used plain white frosting. 
I topped these with pink fondant roses and used crushed pistachio's to look like rose leaves.



 For both cupcakes I used these Wave Cupcake Liners
I think they really added to the flower design I was trying to achieve.


It was such a fun day of celebrating.
I can't wait for Baby B's arrival! She is going to be one lucky little baby having such a fab mamma!


No comments:

Post a Comment