Thursday, October 11, 2012

50 Shades of Gray

As the countdown until moving day is on (20 days) we have been sprucing up the place so it is in tip top shape for us to move in. One of the things we have been working on is painting.
I am a big fan of Grays. The problem is, there are thousands to choose from! It gets overwhelming which to pick. There is Grey and Gray. There are blue grays, black grays, violet grays and green grays. (just to confuse you a little more)



Below are some inspiration photos I have been drooling over








First stop was Benjamin Moore where I grabbed a ton of swatches to compare in the actual room I was going to be painting to see what it looked like in that lighting. I knew I didn't want anything too dark.

 Ultimately I decided on Stonington Gray for the Entry and Living Room.
Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray HC-170


For the Hallways I wanted something that was neutral but would also complement the grey entry and dining area.
Benjamin Moore Calm OC-22


Instead of the typical white banister I decided to go with a dark Grey, 
Benjamin Moore Dragon's Breath 1547


For the Guest Bedroom I went simple with an off white. 
The white trim will show the subtle creaminess to Cotton Balls. 
Benjamin Moore Cotton Balls OC-122


When it came to Harper's Room I wanted to to do something with a little color but that also felt soft.
I knew I didn't want anything too bright. All her bedding is tan & white with pops of lavender. 
I think Nosegay is the perfect shade of lilac but soft enough that it will look perfect next to her white furniture.
Benjamin Moore Nosegay 1401 


And last but not least, the master bedroom
Benjamin Moore Gray Owl OC-52


I am going to be doing all the trim white which I think will be a nice contrast to the gray palette I choose. What do you think of my choices?


Some other great grays

 1. Benjamin Moore Horizon 2. Farrow and Ball Pavilion Grey 3. Benjamin Moore Stone Harbor 4. Modern Masters Platinum- this paint actually has some metallic in it so it glistens ever so slightly at night. 5. Farrow and Ball Down Pipe 6. Fine Paints of Europe Silhouette Gray
via house beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment