Monday, August 5, 2013

Family Beach Time. Watch Hill, R.I.


We recently returned from our annual family vacation to Watch Hill, R.I.
It's a beautiful little beach town located about 3 hours from NYC.
I have been going there since I was only a little older then my daughter and I still look forward to it each summer. Nothing beats lobster rolls, clam chowder and long days on the beach.
Each year gets better and better, especially now that I can watch my daughter running on the beach and loving every second as much as I do.










Lobster Rolls are my absolute favorite and a must when I'm at the beach.
Below, I pasted a simple recipe to make your own at home.

What you'll need:
makes 4 rolls
4 hot dog rolls, lightly toasted
melted butter, for brushing rolls
1 1/2 pounds lobster meat
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
salt and freshly ground pepper

Directions:
In a bowl combine lobster meat, mayo, lemon juice, celery, parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Let sit in the fridge for 10 minutes or so to absorb all flavors.
Brush inside of rolls with melted butter and fill with lobster salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment